I’m working from home and I don’t have a single meeting all day and my manager leaves at noon so that’s almost like having the day off.
updates from my cube: someone near me is eating something that smells delicious.
- go through the process of looking at houses, found the one you wanted, spent 24 tortorous hours figuring out if they were going to accept your offer or not, they counter-offer, you accept, hooray!
- Inspector finds almost nothing except an old outdated fuse box that isn’t urgent to be replaced but is kind of price-y. spend hours researching online about fuse box vs breaker box. who knew that was even a thing! no big deal seller agrees to replace it, hooray!
- mortgage company wants a copy of everything you’ve ever done for the past 48 months. spend hours printing, photocopying, calling and tracking down. apologize to your boss for never being at your desk.
- seller emails on a Saturday and there is a new leak in the basement, mold, efflorescence, a big old mess! spend hours searching the internet. moan that is not yet a weekday so that you can get out there to see what the problem is. contractor comes, says they used the wrong type of pipe in one drain says it’s $600 to fix, seller’s agent agrees to pay for this out of their commission because all of the sudden seller is not willing to do anything. hooray!
- seller calls her agent sobbing saying she no longer wants to sell her house. no budging. no hooray. you spend hours googling contract law, realize you need an attorney. realize that this is going cost a boatload. cry. cry some more.
your aunt, niece, or cousin,
I am my own person,
and I will not set fire to myself
to keep you warm."
rolled into the office “early” today at 9am (oops?) and even though the outdoor extent of my commute is walking from the front door to the car and from the parking lot to the office I’m still stoked to not be wearing a coat or boots and for the forecast-ed 80 degrees this afternoon.
I asked Katie yesterday “what if the summer is just the opposite of the winter and it’s 105 degrees and you can’t go outside without melting?” and we both agreed that that would probably be worse. so let’s make a deal, weather, how about going forward we have a little bit of moderation?