the progression of face through the move:
at some point today i was doing some googling and ended up on the web page for these over the water villas in bora bora and after i converted the currency from french pacific francs to us dollars for the nightly rate i came to the realization that i’ll likely never go to bora bora and i come home to my tiny apartment with its way too tiny kitchen and cook some diet food because i’m displeased with the shape of my body and feed my cats and think about how i wish i was one of those people who make their bed in the morning and wonder when i’ll catch up to what so many of my peers already have or when i’ll stop trying to catch up and think hey you’ve got all you need.
- bring my lunch to work every day
- plan weekly meals ahead of time
- do the first 4 weeks of Couch to 5K
- read 4 books
- cut down on my unnecessary clothes spending
- Get yo’ passport. Seriously serious this time - Check! Terrible Passport Photo Taken, Ridiculously large check written, gave the original copy of my birth certificate to a stranger. See you in 6 to 8 weeks!
- Spend at the very least a part of every Saturday outdoors - Sort of. I didn’t get outdoors quite enough, but ate some brunch on some patios, and enjoyed the spring sunshine as best I could.
- Give up the diet coke again, just because it’s not in the fridge does not mean you’re not buying one from the vending machine every day - Pretty ok on this one. Drank way less than I normally would.
- Eat more real food. Prep meals. - Ultra fail. I have just not been feeling cooking lately. I am recommitting to this one.
- Start training for the Peachtree Road Race. Dust off those running shoes you swore you’d never wear again after a previous failed attempt at being a “runner.” - Another Ultra fail. Talking about going running and buying new running shorts does not count. I will make this happen though.
- Try to step away from your desk at lunchtime at least three times a week. Go read in the courtyard or in your car. But don’t get Chipotle or go to Target - Check! I read 3 books in April! I left my desk even when I had stuff to do! I ran errands! It was awesome!